Hypothetical International Tax Calculator
Hypothetical International Tax Report Calculator: Download Demo HTC Report here
What is International Hypothetical Tax?
International hypothetical tax is the amount of tax an Expatriate would have paid in their home location. It is used to calculate a Home Net Salary. Home Net Salary is equal to Home Gross Salary less Home Hypothetical Tax. The Home Net Salary is then adjusted for cost of living and hardship differences to arrive at the Net Assignment Salary. This approach ensures that the employee is not better or worse off as a result of higher or lower host country tax (equalisation).
What is the Hypothetical International Tax Report Calculator?
The Hypothetical International Tax Report Calculator calculates an employee's Home Country Hypothetical Tax Rate and Home Net Salary for any country in the world before adjusting for cost of living, hardship / quality of living, and exchange rate differences using the other calculators, in order that the employee is not better or worse off as a result of higher or lower host country tax (equalisation). This calculator is free for registered users.
How do you run a Hypothetical International Tax Report?
- 1) Login using your username and password.
- 2) Select Report Calculators from the menu.
- 3) Choose the Hypothetical International Tax Calculator.
- The calculator will prompt you for the following inputs:
- 4) Reference Information: Give your report a reference and the name of the individual for whom you are running the report. This will help you identify your reports for future reference.
- 5) Home Country: Select the country that will be the country for tax, from our list of all countries in the world.
- 6) Annual Home Gross Salary: Enter the annual home gross taxable salary. This will typically include the basic salary and the taxable portion of allowances and benefits that will be included in the assignment salary. Do not include allowances or benefits that will be provided in the host location.
- 7) Run Report: When you are sure that all your selection criteria are correct, click on run report. Reports can be re-run as many times as you want.
- 8) Your report will be created immediately and will look like this Download Demo HTC Report here
To get started:
Register, then login using your email address and password, and subscribe to your locations online. Please note that credit card verification time is usually a few minutes, but can take a few hours. Once your locations have loaded you can run the premium content calculators and receive your reports online within minutes.
If you have not registered yet: Register Now.